A OLIVE'S FRONTIER. THE OLIVE OIL AND THE NORTH-EAST OF ITALY. CONFERENCE ABOUT GROWING OIL IN THE NORTH-EAST OF ITALY. Conference organized by the city of Cappella Maggiore with the cultural association La Ruota, the Cooperative Reitia, the Academy of  Georgofili, northeast section of the National Academy of Olive and Oil. There will explained, in detail, all aspects related to the system and the cultivation of olives, with particular reference to new technologies and the management models of olive cultivation. At the end of the conference there will be a guided visit to the oil mill of the Cooperative Reitia and to some olive groves of Cappella Maggiore.

अधिक सहकारी जानकारी
The conference will be situated at the SALA A of the city hall, in Piazza Vittorio Veneto 40, on May 22th at 9:30 am and will continue until 4.00 pm. There are schedule six subjects of discussion investigated by academics and technicians experts of the various issues related to the cultivation of olive.


Cappella Maggiore, with a population barely reaching 5000 people, lies in a rural territory, which is exploited for olives cultivations and dotted with ancient villages and the famous “Ville Venete”. The name of the village dates back to the first Chapel Campestris, namely the  magnificent church of Mattarella. Today it is still possible to visit that church, which is famous for her frescoed walls. 
व्यापारिक संपर्क
अधिक जानकारी
The origins of the name “Cappella Maggiore” are to be found in local presence of the ancient church “Chapel Campestris” also named church of Mattarella, which was built by the catholic population of “Agrimanni”, better known as Lombards and dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The appellation of “Maggiore” (literally “major”) dates back to the following millennium, more precisely in 1867, when a royal decree approved the name of “Cappella Maggiore”. The origins of the name Anzano, namely the only small village of Cappella Maggiore, are controversial. According to some researchers, it might derive either from the Greek word “antro”, which means flower, either from an ancient local landowner named “Antius or Antianus”. 
The first settlings go back to the 10th century B.C., to the age of the Veneti first and the Celts later. Their presence on the territory is marked today by the preservation of some ancient traditions like the one of the famous “Panevin”. This latter is a kind of propitiatory bonfire, which lights the cold night of the 5th January and marks the beginning of the Celtic year. The first residential complex goes back to the roman age, around the 4th-5th century A.D. centuries.Nowadays, the traces of this hegemony are still evident in the names of some small districts as “Borgo Villa”, and “Borgo Gava”, also called “Borgo sciavi”.  Since 500 A.D. the territory has been invaded by barbaric populations and finally conquered by the Lombards in 568 A.D.  These ones finally integrated with the local populations; this fact had such a strong influence on the local toponymy and onomastics, that it is still visible today. In the 9th century the devastating Hungarians invaded the area.  In 1154 the Lombards granted the territories of Alto Cenedese, Serravalle, Anzano and Cappella Maggiore as fief to the famous Da Camino, a Lordship coming from Treviso, which retained the territories until 1335. Following the dead of the last heir of the Seigniory, the Bishop and Count of Ceneda took control over the area, before selling it, as fief to the Republic of Venice. They remained under the domination of Venice until 1797, when Napoleon sold the Serenissima Republic to Austria. Since that moment Cappella Maggiore and Anzano were aggregated to the district of Serravalle. In 1815 the Austro-Hungarian Government merged the two villages in a single municipality. In 1866 the Italian troops entered the territory, which was then annexed to the Reign of Italy.  Owing to its strategic position near the Cansiglio Forest, Cappella Maggiore was largely involved in the First World War, when the Austrian troops invaded the territory after the disastrous defeat of Caporetto of 1917, and in the Second World War, when the partisans hided in the mountains while trying to overtook the Nazi-Fascist government.   In 1945 a fascist murdered the priest of the village Don Brescacin, to whom is dedicated the monument which is today placed in Vittorio Veneto square. 
एक्सपो वेनेटो कैलेंडर

कार्यक्रम प्रदर्शन दिवस

अपने कार्यक्रमों में जोड़ने के लिए, अपनी रुचि के दिवस पर क्लिक करें।

1 तारीख उपलब्ध नहीं है 1 उपलब्ध तारीख 1 तारीख पसंद